Sooo… in my quest to do better at blogging, I’ve decided to do something called “Fashion Friday”. I may not do it every week, but it will give me a regular blog to post
For this week, I am going to try answering that question… maybe in the future I will add other outfit ideas as well!
1. Wear something you are COMFORTABLE in. I think this may be the most important thing… If you don’t feel like you in what you’re wearing, it is going to be very hard to be comfortable and be yourself in front of the camera. This is not the time to take crazy fashion leaps.
2. Be creative! If you aren’t the only one in the session (if it’s an engagement session or a family session), try not to be too matchy matchy (i.e. everyone wearing jeans and white t-shirts or khakis and black shirts). Pick a color scheme and have everyone wear something they are comfortable in that coordinates but isn’t the same. It’s a great chance for each person to show their personality.
3. Don’t be afraid of Color!!! Bright colors photograph really well! And make for some really fun photos! I love when I show up for a session and there are lots of pops of color!!! If you’re worried about too much color, don’t be afraid to ask your photographer… or even try everything on and see what looks good before hand.
4. Be conscious of your location. If you’re shooting at the beach… you maybe don’t want to wear heels. If you’re going somewhere that might be chilly… you don’t want to freeze… remember, if you aren’t comfortable, it will show in your pictures.
5. Accessorize!!! Think vests, scarves, fun shoes, earrings, and hats!! They are easy to switch around, take off and on and they add color and sass to your shoot! Not only that, but it gives you something to play with during your session if you get nervous
6. Get your hair and make up done. This is an extra something that goes a LONG way. Not only that, but it will save you so much stress. You don’t want to be stressing about a bad hair day, or one of those days where your eyeshadow just will not go on the same on each eye! The camera removes make up… so you may want to wear more than you typically would on a normal day.. and again… you want to feel your BEST! There’s nothing better than getting your hair and make up professionally done to boost your confidence. And when you’re done with the shoot, be sure to go out for dinner and take advantage
Ahhh this was fun! I can’t wait to do another one! If you have more specific questions about this kind of thing, feel free to email me, post a comment, or send me a message on facebook and I will add it to my list for next time!!!
Powered by Facebook Comments